Tuesday 27 May 2014

What Belongs To Her by Rachel Brimble


Since the moment a local crime boss claimed ownership of her family's fairground, Sasha Todd has dreamed of righting the wrong. Now it's time to act, and backing down from the man's estranged son is definitely not an option. After all, giving up her legacy to hot-blooded John Jordon means losing the chance to finally heal the wounds in her past.

Stopping John in his tracks—and resisting the sizzle between them—is Sasha's best defense. But there's more to him than she thought, which changes everything. With what matters most at stake, she'll have to risk a brand-new future with John, or walk away from the man whose heart belongs to her.



A copy of this book was sent to me for an honest review. This is the first Rachel Brimble book I have read and I was not disappointed. It was a completely different plot than most romance novels but it was so interesting, it is not just meeting and falling in love and there is no guy being a hero and rescuing the girl. I love that the relationship between Sasha and John isn't perfect, it makes the novel so much more real and helps you to really connect with the characters.

There was lots of suspense built up in this novel which made the plot different to other romance novels as it makes it more than just a love story. We see secrets emerge surrounding the fairground that belonged to Sasha’s family in the past.

I loved the characters and really felt like I could connect to them, Sasha is not the typical woman we find in romance novels. She is a heroine that is tough and preferred to fight for what she wants. Her being this way makes her so much more likeable as she is not just a girl falling for a guy, she does not want to like John, but there is a chemistry between them that she cannot escape. 
 I loved the way Rachel developed Sasha and John throughout the book, the changes in both of them worked really well. This book covered every emotion you could possibly feel and it was so so good!

I don’t really want too give much about this book away as it was so great and I think you should just read it without knowing much about it, that’s what I did and I loved it!  What makes this book so great is that you can actually picture yourself in the novel and as Sasha, it is just the way Rachel writes, she makes you feel so connected with the story that you feel like you are the story. 

I will definitely be looking out for more Rachel Brimble novels and I would recommend them to anybody that likes a good romance with a bit of a twist.


No comments:

Post a Comment