Tuesday 8 July 2014

A Place For Us (Part 1) by Harriet Evans


The day Martha Winter decided to tear apart her family began like any other day.

So opens A Place for Us by Harriet Evans, a book you'll dive into, featuring a family you'll fall in love with ... and never want to leave. If you devour Rosamund Pilcher and Maeve Binchy and have discovered Jojo Moyes, you'll be thrilled to add Harriet Evans to your collection of favourite authors.

The house has soft, purple wisteria twining around the door. You step inside.

The hall is cool after the hot summer's day. The welcome is kind, and always warm.

Yet something makes you suspect life here can't be as perfect as it seems.

After all, the brightest smile can hide the darkest secret.
But wouldn't you pay any price to have a glorious place like this?

Welcome to Winterfold.

Martha Winter's family is finally coming home.



When I received an email from NetGalley pre-approving me to read and review part 1 of this novel I was SO excited! I am ashamed to say this is the first novel by Harriet Evans that I have read, although I have had a lot of her books on my wish list for a long time! Reading this book has made them my next purchase, I fell instantely in love with her writing style and can't wait to read more.

Martha and David live in a lovely old house in Winterfold and have for years, they have had three children there, Bill, Daisy and Florence, but Bill is the only one that still lives in the village, Daisy and Florence have both now moved abroad. Will all of the children return to Winterfold when they are invited back for Martha’s 80th birthday party? This is where Martha will reveal a secret.

I loved how each chapter in the book is about each character and their lives, this gives us an insight into each character straight away and helps us to develop relationships with them. We learn through this that Martha is not the only person that has a secret, each character has something they wish to keep hidden.

The way Harriet has written this book shows how talented a writer she is, she draws you into the novel straight away and I hate that this is only part 1 as I just wanted to read on and on! Harriet has opened this story in such an intriguing way that makes you have to carry on reading. I can’t wait to find out how the characters develop and the story continues.

A Place for Us Part 1 is published on 31st August 2014, you can pre-order on Amazon now.The full book will be published in January 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment