Monday 13 October 2014

Holding Out For A Hero - Julie Shackman GUEST POST



What gave you the idea for your new romcom  “Hero or Zero?” I was asked the other day.


Well, it was the combination of three things. Firstly, the fascination with celebrity. Also, the recent Leveson Press controversy here in the UK, where the lives of many well-known figures were encroached upon. Thirdly, and possibly the most relatable was the question what would it be like to meet your Hero?

Would they match up to your expectations? Is your favourite singer/actor/writer (!) how you would imagine them to be?

I think most of us have fantasised about this at one time or another.

For me, the thought of meeting Richard Armitage; Stevie Nicks or authors Sophie Kinsella and Jenny Colgan, makes my heart thud that little bit faster!

In “Hero or Zero”, when Chloe “wins” her favourite actor, handsome TV star Ethan Blake for a month, you can only begin to imagine how excited she is – at least to begin with….!

I had so much fun writing this and I hope you guys enjoy reading it.

After all, it’s true what they say – You should never meet your Hero….!


Author Bio

I trained as a journalist but writing romance has always been a dream of mine. When I've not got my head in a book or drafting one, I write verses and captions for greetings card companies. Writing at home seems to be incredibly difficult for me – I usually require coffee, music and noise.
My second romcom, "Hero or Zero" has just been released. “Rock My World” was my debut romcom. I’m married, have two sons and live in Scotland.

How to contact Julie:

Buy Hero or Zero on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O0198SK/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O0198SK/


Thank you so much Julie for joining me, I hope you enjoyed writing your post as much as I enjoyed reading it. 
My review of 'Hero or Zero' will be posted shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment