Friday 14 November 2014

Clockwork Heart by Jeffery Martin Botzenhart


Until the end of time…and then beyond…

Would it be a crime against nature to help those in need by the use of unusual and possibly illegal medical procedures? Victoria begs her father, a brilliant physician, to commit such a crime for the man who she has forever fallen in love with. Trevor was critically injured by enemy artillery while fighting on the Western Front. Victoria hopes that through the restoration of his damaged body, their love will flourish once he is well again.

Unforeseeable revelations and unimaginable confrontations create havoc for the lovers. Will Victoria and Trevor find a place where their love will last for eternity…or has time run out?



Thank you to the author for sending a copy of this book to me for review. This book is so short I got through it in about an hour, it is the perfect book to start reading when you want a bit of a break from longer books.

I really enjoyed Clockwork Heart, it is such a simple story yet so magical and full of love. Jeffery Martin Botzenhart is a brilliant writer, he makes you feel as though you are in the story and really connects with the characters. The way he so brilliantly describes everything in the book means that you can close your eyes and put yourself everywhere the characters go.

I loved Victoria and Trevor, there love happens so fast, but I loved seeing how much they cared for each other before actually properly knowing one another. It was a 100 year old story of love at first sight.
One of the characters I didn't really understand was Victoria's father, there was just something about him that I found very strange. He was so over-protective of Victoria and didn't seem like he was letting her live her life, you could see that he cared for her but he took away her freedom. He then all of a sudden completely changed and seemed to be happy for Victoria and Trevor, I would of liked to learn a little bit more about him and get inside his head.

You can't really guess much of the novel from the blurb and I liked that because you just don't know what is going to happen. I don't want to say to much more about this book because I want people to read it the way I did, completely unsure of what is going to happen.

I do wish this book was a bit longer as I wanted to see more from Victoria and Trevor but it did end perfectly and made me a bit teary! I would recommend this book to anybody looking for a short, easy to read, romantic novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment