Wednesday 10 June 2015

The Truth About Ellen by Sarah Louise Smith


It’s every girl’s dream to date a pop star...

When Ellen starts dating Tom, a member of the band she adored as a teenager, she can’t believe how lucky she is.

She neglects to mention that she's a huge fan because that just wouldn’t be cool, would it?

Ellen also keeps quiet about how she once spent an evening with Tom’s ex-bandmate/ex-best friend Jasper, her long-term celebrity crush. Tom doesn’t need to know about that, it’s all in the past.

That is until Tom and Jasper get back in touch… and the truth threatens to ruin everything Ellen has ever dreamed of...


Thank you to Sarah Louise Smith for kindly providing me with a copy of this book for review, this is the first of Sarah's novels I have read and it won't be the last. I loved it!

Every teenage girl (past and present) has or had a celebrity crush, whether it was a TV personality, a boyband member or a film star, we all had one! I was a huge fan of boybands and had a few crushes myself, so when I read the plot of this book I knew it was one I would love reading.

Even though not many of us will have been in the situation Ellen finds herself in, Sarah has somehow made this book so relate-able. By appealing to anybody that has had a celebrity crush she manages to draw us in right from the start. We are able to feel the way Ellen feels, lucky, star-struck and in awe of meeting Tom Green, a member of her favourite band Four Ape. Whilst she also realises she is an adult now and needs to 'play it cool', which is easier said than done.

I loved Ellen, she was a likeable character and one you are right behind from the very start. You want the best for her. She was a strong and independent woman and although she has had her heart broken, she doesn't let it hold her back from life.

With a few chapters of the book left I thought I had predicted the ending, but of course I hadn't, at first I was a little disappointed that it didn't go the way I was expecting but that disappointment didn't last long. I don't want to reveal too much about this book because I know if I would have read spoilers it would have ruined the excitement of the story for me slightly. So that is all I am going to say!

I would recommend this book to anybody that is in the mood for a light hearted, romantic novel that will take you back to being 13 years old. The perfect holiday read and definitely one that you will pick up again and again.



No comments:

Post a Comment