Thursday 2 July 2015

A Flaw in the Mechanism by Jeffery Martin Botzenhart



What would you do for the one you love…when time runs out?

There are some promises that are devastating to keep after a heart has been broken. One such promise made out of his undying love for Victoria sends Trevor on a journey that will lead him across the world. Yet where to begin?

His unexpected discovery of an unburned medical journal found at the Winterhust Estate sends Trevor onward to London. Seeking the consultation of a doctor who is listed on several of the pages, Trevor learns of a conspiracy within the medical community that forced the doctor to flee England.

With the aid of two people familiar with the doctor he seeks, Trevor embarks on a journey that takes him to the unspoiled plains of East Africa. It is there where he experiences how beauty and danger collide…and at times can be one in the same. It is also there where his promise is fulfilled while other promises from both the past and present are revealed with devastating consequences.


Thank you to Jeffery for sending me a copy of this book for review. This is the second book in the Luminosity series, the first being Clockwork Heart which I read last year. I love the first installment so I was very excited when I received this book!

I really liked Trevor in the first book but Clockwork Heart was more about Victoria, so we didn't get to see him develop as much he could have done. After reading this book I think that was a good thing because with him being the main character in this book we got to see who he really is, his emotions. I became a huge fan of Trevor and was rooting for him the whole way through the book.

Although Jeffery's books are short, you feel as though you have been with the character's for much more than 50 pages. The author describes the places, people and actions so effortlessly that you feel like you are there with them. A lot of authors will take a paragraph to describe a scene or situation, but Jeffery manages to do it in only a few words. He is able to stuck you in from just a few pages in and have you hooked right to the end.

About half way through the book I thought I had figured out what was going to happen at the end but there was a huge twist that I did not see coming. The way Jefffery had written the story had made you think one thing, but the complete opposite was actually true! Brilliant writing!

I would recommend this book to anybody that wants a quick, romantic read that shows just how powerful love is. This book can be read as a stand-alone novel but I would recommend reading Clockwork Heart first to understand just how powerful this book is.



Read my review of Clockwork Heart here:



No comments:

Post a Comment