Monday 20 July 2015

Begin Again (Begin Again Book 1) by Brittney Mulliner


Escaping her past, Aubrey Tate moves to Southern California for a fresh start with her older brother, Brandon. Starting over at a new school seems easy with her cousin, Mckayla, and her two best friends at her side, but handling the new guys is another matter. Aubrey ends up in the middle of three rivals that each want her to themselves. Mike claims her first and declare himself her friend and protector. Luke is the school heartthrob that stops Aubrey in her tracks, speechless. Gage is the mysterious, dark outsider that Aubrey can be herself around. How will she navigate her new life while she’s still haunted by her past?


Thank you to Brittany Mulliner for sending me a copy of this book for review. I LOVED it!

For various awful reasons Aubrey is ready for a new start, so she moves from Chicago to California to live with her older brother Brandon. She has to deal with a new school, new friends and a new life whilst also trying to forget her past and the reasons why she moved.

This story is so emotional and you can help but love Aubrey, she is broken but still so strong, she doesn't see how beautiful and kind she is, she is such a likeable character and somebody you can really relate to. When we learn about her past it felt so real and there are a lot of cases like this when nobody believes it, so I found it very intriguing hear her story and how it eventually played out.
We see Aubrey trying to deal with everything herself before realising people do care about her, she attracts a lot of male attention straight away which I thought may change her and make her a bit full of herself but it didn't at all. There was a guy that I was rooting for and hoped he would win Aubrey over in the end but I think we might have to wait for the next book to see who she will choose.

I thought there was going to be a twist throughout the book but this did not come until the very end, usually I don't like waiting for it but with this book I didn't mind. The story was so addictive and well written that you just get completely sucked in and don't want the book to end.

I don't want to reveal too much about this book as I think it is much more powerful if you read it knowing as little as possible, but let me tell you, it is well worth a read!

I would highly recommend Begin Again to anybody that likes an easy to read, YA novel with lots of emotional roller-coasters! I couldn't put this book down and I am so thankful Brittney provided me with  the next book because I NEED to see what happens next for Aubrey. This is one of the best YA books I have read this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment